The cost of renting a party boat can vary widely depending on several factors, including the location, the size and type of the boat, the duration of the rental, and any additional amenities or services included.
Here are some general price ranges you might encounter on Lake Travis.
- Small Pontoon or Deck Boat: Smaller boats typically cost less. You might find rentals starting at around $600 to $ for a 1,000 half-day rental and $1,000 to $1,300 or more for a full day.
- Medium-Sized Boat: These could be cabin cruisers or larger pontoons. Prices could range from $500 to $1,500 for a half-day and $1,000 to $3,000 or more for a full day.
- Luxury Yachts: Larger luxury yachts can be much more expensive. Prices can start at $1,000 or more per hour and go up significantly for longer charters.
If you are looking to book a Lake Travis party boat rental give Good Time Tours a call.
Factors that Determine Party Boat Rental Cost
- Location: Prices can vary based on the location. Popular tourist destinations or areas with high demand for party boats may have higher prices.
- Group Size: Some boat rentals have a maximum capacity, and the price may vary based on the number of people you plan to have on board. Make sure the boat you choose can comfortably accommodate your group. Some party boats charge by the person, others charge a flat fee or per hour.
- Type of Boat – Bigger, nicer boats will cost more than a bare minimum party barge.
- Duration: Boat rental prices can also vary depending on how long you plan to charter the boat. Many rental companies offer half-day (typically 3-5 hours) and full-day (8 hours or more) options. Some may even provide overnight or multi-day charters, which will be more expensive.
- Amenities: The cost of a party boat can increase with the amenities it offers. Some boats come equipped with features like sound systems, water slides, grills, and even hot tubs. The more luxurious and well-equipped the boat is, the higher the rental cost will likely be.
- Alcohol and Catering: If you plan to have alcohol or catering on board, inquire about the rental company’s policies regarding these. Some companies may have restrictions or additional fees for bringing your own alcohol or catering services.
- Peak Season: Prices for party boat rentals may also fluctuate depending on the time of year. In many coastal or lakeside destinations, peak summer months are when prices tend to be highest due to increased demand. If you’re flexible with your dates, consider renting during the off-season for potential cost savings.
- Gratuity: Just like in restaurants, it’s customary to tip the party boat captain and crew if they provide exceptional service. The gratuity is typically not included in the rental price, so you should budget for this additional expense.
- Insurance: Some rental companies may offer insurance options that can provide coverage for accidents, damages, or liabilities during your rental. It’s a good idea to inquire about insurance and whether it’s included or available as an add-on.
- Security Deposit: Most boat rental companies require a security deposit to cover potential damages or incidents during your rental. This deposit is typically refunded after the rental if there are no issues.
- Cancellation Policies: Your plans or the weather can change. Be aware that bad weather can impact your rental experience. Some companies may have policies regarding cancellations or rescheduling in case of inclement weather or if your plans change. It’s a good idea to discuss this with the rental company beforehand.
- Additional Costs: Be sure to ask about any additional fees that might apply. In additional to the boat rental other fees could include fuel, crew, cleaning, docking fees, taxes, catering, and any additional services or amenities you choose. It’s important to understand the full cost breakdown before booking.
- Booking in Advance: To secure the boat you want at the best price, it’s advisable to book well in advance, especially during peak seasons. Last-minute bookings may come with higher costs or limited availability.
To get an accurate quote for renting a party boat, it’s recommended to contact multiple rental providers in your desired location, check their websites, compare their offerings, and inquire about any promotions or package deals they may offer. You could also use rental platforms to get specific pricing for the type of boat you want and the location where you plan to rent it. Always read the rental agreement carefully to understand what’s included in the price and what is not, and be sure to communicate your specific needs and expectations with the rental company to ensure a smooth and enjoyable party boat experience. Additionally, consider any extra costs for things like food, beverages, and entertainment, as these can add to the overall expense of your party boat experience.